Electrician – Substations, Decatur Utilities
Performs duties necessary to maintain the electric substations including repair, maintenance and installation of these systems. Knowledge and skills in electronics, computers, substation construction and troubleshooting electric and/or electronic problems.
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in electrical, electronics, instrumentation and/or maintenance technology field. Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in repair and rebuild practices related to substation equipment, including transformers, breakers, reclosers, relays, fans, electric control boards, SCADA, safety and environmental requirements.
Valid Alabama Driver License with Class A CDL; Good driving record, Substation Training or Certification from approved provider.
Review job description for a complete listing of job requirements and details.
Journeyman Lineman, City of Evergreen
The Electric Department of the City of Evergreen is accepting applications for the position of Journeyman Lineman. Duties include: Frames poles, installs underground cable, operates trencher, build lines, installs meters, wire CT meters, Rigs poles with proper hardware for wire suspension, Strings and sags wires, replaces and repairs street light circuits and traffic light circuits, replaces fuses, cutouts, load breaks, capacitors, poles and wires, pulls new secondary wire from primary to customer, operates aerial bucket truck and digger truck.
For a full job description click here.
Apprentice Lineman, City of Evergreen
Electric Operations Manager, City of Tarrant
The City of Tarrant, AL seeks an Electric Operations Manager. Successful candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Accounting or Management and have the following experience:
- Working in a public or private utility, to include working around love and high voltage overhead and underground electrical distribution and transmission lined; and
- Supervising employees, to include conducting performance appraisals, correcting employees deficiencies and recommending disciplinary actions; and
- Managing and/or designing distribution construction projects to include consulting with engineers to determine project specifications for newly installed power distribution systems; and
- Preparing and monitoring an annual budget to include reviewing and approving purchases of supplies, materials, equipment and preparing budding specifications.
- Preferably, have executive leadership training.
Interested applicants should apply at www.JobsQuest.org
Salary Range: $63,960.00 – $99,216.00
Finance Director, Electric Board of Guntersville
This position will be responsible for overseeing the accounting department, managing the daily checks and balances of the office. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. Applicants with experience in plant and general accounting will be given preference. Applicable experience in the electric industry and/or partnering with TVA is preferred.